Friday, November 12, 2010

Can Anyone Be Hypnotized?

Just about anyone can experience some degree of hypnosis.  A conservative figure would be somewhere above 90%.  Because it is such a natural state, such as daydreaming, etc., it is an easy and pleasant process to get into.  There are some people who are afraid of it or who are very rigid in their thinking.  They will not allow themselves to go into hypnosis.  As stated in a previous post, the client is always in control of his or her mind.  However, people who are totally closed to the experience of hypnosis for whatever reason will not schedule an appointment with a hypnotist.  This is not the same as being nervous or skeptical about it.  Most of my clients are somewhat nervous and skeptical on the first appointment.  Establishing rapport and taking my time with them overcomes anxiety and skepticism and working after that is much easier.  If clients are open enough to come in they should be able to be hypnotized without any problem.

1 comment:

  1. That is so re-assuring. I thought I could never be hypnotized. I am looking forward to my appointment. Thanks again for such a professional site. Jake Pershov

    ReplyDelete